Tuesday, January 6, 2009

That little boy of mine

I am currently reading Bringing Up Boys by Dr. James Dobson (a gift from my mother-in-love). So far, I am truly enjoying it. In the beginning, he mentions part of some lyrics from a song called "That Little Boy Of Mine"... Of course as I read it, I automatically thought of my little boy. Everyday, I am reminded of how blessed I am to be a mother and how much joy this little person brings into my life. He is one of the loves of my life (first being God and second my loving husband) and I pray that he grows up knowing that he is and will always be loved by me, no matter what. Since I thought it was sweet and had never heard of it, I wanted to share it with you.
A tiny turned up nose,
Two cheeks just like a rose,
All sweet from head to toes,
That little boy of mine.

Two eyes that shine so bright,
Two lips to kiss goodnight
Two arms to hold me tight,
That little boy of mine.

No one could ever know
how much your coming has meant.
Because I love you so,
you're something heaven sent.

You're all the world to me.
You climb upon my knee.
To me you'll always be,
That little boy of mine.

1 comment:

Michelle Collins said...

Precious! My "mother in love" gave this book to me as well! although i havent read it, now that you have said its great I will probably dive into it sometime soon.