Monday, January 12, 2009

Hallelujah!!!!

I just thought I would give you an update on how Cohen is doing at night. Officially two weeks today, since putting the front of the crib back on, he has slept in his bed through out the night AND one week from today (with the exception of last Tuesday at GG's) he has slept, now get this, through the whole night. The night at GG's was pretty good but he did still wake up and cry out on and off for a little while. Also, he seems to sleep until I wake him up in the morning and has only woke up on his own a few times. But luckily it has been after 7 o'clock which has been perfect. That has allowed me to sleep a little more and most of the time I am ready before he awakes. I just hope that he learns that he can sleep in on Saturdays and a little longer on Sundays.
I cant believe it and all this time, just possibly, if I had either left the crib together or just tried this attempt earlier than we did, I could have been sleeping through the night. Oh well, you live and learn.
But I am so proud of our little guy and hope he continues to sleep through the night. The only downfall is that he still wakes up when I either get up from the glider or try to lay him down, he may cry out for a while but then he falls fast asleep.
The next step is to skip the rocking and put him straight in his crib. Just maybe, he will surprise us on that one.

No comments: