Friday, January 2, 2009

First day of the year

Nice to have another holiday, a day off work, getting to spend time with my family. It wont be until May before another holiday will be allowed (unless vacation time is taken off).
Cohen and I headed to my Grandma Hardee's (my dad's mother) house to spend a little time visiting. It was a little different not having Mama Grace there but I am sure she was smiling down on us. My mom made a stop by as well. It appeared that Christmas was not over for Mr. Cohen. He had a few gifts from that side of the family to open. And yes, MORE TOYS. Although it is very thoughtful and I am very thankful, my first thought was "Where am I going to put all these toys". But we will manage, right? When time is allowed, I do enjoy organizing so that is what we will have to do with all these toys. As always, it is such a joy to visit with Grandma and I do plan this year to have more of these visits.



After visiting with Grandma, we headed back to home to pick up daddy and head over to GG and Pops for the traditional New Year's day meal. It was delicious and I did skip the greens, collards is one that I do not care for. The rest of the day was filled with some playtime and rest, back to work tomorrow.


No comments: