Friday, April 3, 2009

No More Rock-Rock at Night!!!


It has been a little over two weeks now and Cohen seems to be adjusting very well to being placed in his crib awake. We decided that it was time he learned to go to sleep on his own and stay there all night. He was at the point of where he was sleeping through the night, with a few exceptions of waking up crying. He learned very quickly of the new routine and would start tearing up as we made our way to his room but as soon as you pull the door to, he would stop crying.

This past Friday, I found myself walking out of his room with a shocked look on my face. Could that really happen? No crying! And it has only happened a few times (more with daddy) but when I placed him in the crib, he just laid there, looking at me as I told him that I love him and sweet dreams. He did not cry out for me to come back. I was so proud of our little man!

The "Naps" are a different story. GG still has to rock-rock and on the weekends, if we don't lay beside him or rock, well then he would never take his nap. And a 19 month old NEEDS A NAP!!! He hasn't mastered those yet but hopefully that day is right around the corner.

I often wonder when the day will come when Cohen willingly wants to go night-night. I have heard from others that this kind of thing does take place so I am believing that it will one day happen in the Gibson household.

No comments: