Thursday, April 30, 2009

Life Group "Friends"

Last night was our last get together for the "Lord, Change My Attitude" class. Since Charlie and I had only been visiting a few weeks at the church, I was a little hesitant in joining one of these groups so early. But I am so glad I did. I believe God puts us where we need to be and I believe God puts people in our lives for a reason. This group has been such a huge blessing to my life. It was such a joy to get to know them and quickly I became very comfortable around them. The encouragement and love they showed to me (and Charlie) during our loss of the baby was so overwhelming. They ministered to me in so many ways and I so thankful for that. So again, I do believe I was in this class for a reason.
~
I am still a work-in-progress with this attitude thing. I went into this class thinking that "complaining" was my major issue but my eyes were opened each week with a new topic that there was other changes that need to be made. "An attitude is a pattern of thinking formed over a long period of time." So I realize that it will not change over night and it takes work and discipline to make these changes. And most importantly, only through "GOD" will these changes take place!!!!
~
At the end of each lesson there was a prayer that would assist in that topic and I would like to share one of those with you! If you are battling with a Complaining, Covetous, Critical, Doubting or Rebellious attitude, then all it takes is acknowledging it, repenting and start making the change!
~~~~
You've said in Your Word, Lord, that these attitudes honor You and bless me. I've experienced them enough to now to know I want these to be my natural response to Life's challenges. I also know I've failed when I've tried to live this way in my own strength. All my good intentions amount to nothing but frustration. But now I have new understanding. I believe that You would never require something that You don't provide the ability to do. In the strength of Your Spirit, Lord, please live Your life in me. Be the focus of my thankful attitude. Be the fulfillment of my contentment. Be the object of my faith and the strong and trustworthy Master of my humbled heart. Fill me with Your power as I surrender myself afresh to Your sovereign, gracious hand today. By faith I say thank You for changing my attitude. Please keep changing me every day of my life until I see You face-to-face. Amen!
~~~~
So Thankful, Contentment, Love, Faith and Submission Attitudes, here I come!

No comments: