Friday, November 14, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

Is the song I have stuck in my head today. Not sure why but it does get me excited about Christmas. I hate it when I can't wait for something to get here because you know it will be here before you know it and then it is over. But when you go out and you have this cool weather and you see Christmas stuff and that smell of cinnamon pine cones, well it just gets me excited!!!

It all makes me ready to decorate. I never thought I would be one of those that liked to put lights on the house; however, we plan to this year. My first thought is of Cohen's reaction. He loves to look at lights turn on and off and so I can hear him now saying "Whoa" which I really think he means "wow".

But I cant wait for Christmas because it should be a little more fun doing the Santa thing for Cohen. Even though I don't think he will understand that much of it. I am just thrilled about his gifts this year and just know that he will like them. I had purchased his first gift months ago and I am done or at least I better be with him. I love buying gifts for people especially when you know what you want to get them. I have all the little ones' gifts purchased, Cohen and Charlie are basically done and I can check my parents off. But I still have several to go.

I am a little silly when it comes to wrapping the gifts. I like to wait until I have all my gifts purchased and I make a big spot in the living room floor next to the Christmas Tree. With the Christmas tree lights on and some nice Christmas music playing, I will sit on the floor and begin wrapping all the gifts. I usually do some kind of theme, with all gifts wrapped in the same paper and an ornament to add a little extra touch.

So for now, I will hum the tune and wait patiently for November 28th, which is the day I WILL decorate.

No comments: