Friday, March 20, 2009

No "show" for us gals......

from left to right: me, Crystal, Kristen, Amy and Lauree

....we'd rather chit-chat!!!!! Something that girls love to do. We got together for our fifth monthly girls dinner last night at Wasabi Japanese Steakhouse. Since this was the first time I had ever been there, I didn't realize that it was one where they cooked in front of you. That explained why we couldn't be seated until everyone arrived, silly me. We weren't sure who might still pop in, so they graciously put a few tables together in their bar section, however, he said we would miss "The Show". We laughed and said that would be fine because we were here to chat. And it worked out perfectly, even though no one else showed up. The waiter patiently waited on us while we were catching up instead of looking at the menus. He finally told us, after a few trips to the table, that he would come back once he saw all the menus closed. LOL. It didn't take long for our food to arrive and "IT WAS GOOD"!!! We had this small plate with one of those little dishes that holds your sauce. I informed the waiter that I will need more than one dish of the "Pink Sauce" and to just to pour it on the small plate. Not sure why he wouldn't do that but he did bring me another small dish. I "heart" that pink sauce! It appears that Japanese food, preferably Hibachi Shrimp, is hitting the top of one of my favorite things to eat. I was the one that kept her plate long after he removed the others. Can I say Little Miss Piggy? Well besides the food, getting to hang out with the girls and chatting for a few hours, was just as wonderful. It is fun getting to share and hear all the things going on with one another. I believe that girl time brings a lot of laughter which is the perfect medicine....

No comments: