Monday, March 9, 2009

Beautiful and a yucky Weekend!

So this weekend did not turn out like I planned. Along with this beautiful weather we had, my yucky sinuses decided to make an appearance. It all started Friday at work and my throat felt so raw. And poor little man, I believe he is going to take after his momma. But the good thing so far, he has only managed to have the runny nose. Having the intentions of getting some cleaning and organization done in the house, well that didn't happen. Although, I did wake up Saturday feeling a little better and started with a few things around the house, while Charlie worked around the pool and yard. Later, Cohen and I met Grandma and Papa out to do a little shopping and enjoy the gorgeous Saturday. I was able to get a few errands done. First, I purchased Cohen's adorable Easter outfit. Here is a little peek!
To go along with the Easter outfit, I was on a mission to find "the" Easter basket. I was not too successful with this one, although I did manage to purchase one just in case if the right one does not come along. You see, last month, I purchased a basket cover from PBK that I planned on using every year. It is adorable and displays his name on it. I decided not to purchase the actual basket from them, 1) a little pricey I think and 2) was for sure I would be able to find one that would fit the cover, well I might be regretting it because I have not found one that does. I figured the one I got, even though it doesn't have the depth needed, would work for this year and then start the search again (unless I come across one that is or talk myself in ordering the one from PBK). Here is what they look like, Cohen's is the one on the far left side which is seersucker and has cars going around it. It is really cute! I thought it would be fun to use the same Easter basket each year and knowing me, I will probably still use it when he reaches his twenties (lol).
Since I wasn't having much luck in the basket search, we headed over to check out some lounge chairs that I had been eyeing. Last year, I waited too long in hope that the ones I wanted would go on sale. Of course, they were all gone and I just was not going to allow this to happen again. This beautiful weather just put me in the mood and I made the purchase. Along with the two lounge chairs, I got a small table to sit between them and a cute flip flop outdoor mat. Doesn't it make you ready to wear flip flops?

I was glad I did get to enjoy some of the weekend and the beautiful weather, because Sunday I woke up feeling worse. Since we had missed the past two Sundays at Church, I was not going to let it happen again. So after Church and a quick lunch, I wasn't good for nothing. I felt like my head was going to explode and all I could do was lay around. My hubby is the best though, he took care of Cohen so that I could rest (even though the race was on) and fixed dinner for me.

Even though it brings on the allergies and sinuses, I do love this nice warm weather. It has given me the spring/summer fever but we know it isn't here to stay. I am sure we still have a little more winter to deal with and that is O.K. because summer will be here before we know it and I want to enjoy TODAY as much as I can..... Hope everyone had a great weekend!!!

2 comments:

Chap and Heather said...

Hey girl, I'm just catching up on your blog. I am so sorry but wanted to let you know that I admire your strength and courage so much! You probably aren't aware of how many people you helped just by sharing your experience. Thank you =)

On to a brighter note...shopping! Super cute baskets, and I can't wait to see Cohen's Easter outfit!

Tonya * said...

Thanks Heather! I really appreciate it. That is why I like sharing because you just never know who it might help. I am true believer that things happen for a reason.
Yeah, I love his little tie. I have a hard time to stay out of my favorite store, The Children's place.