As I began to write this post, I really didn't know where to start and no title would come to mind. But as I thought about the situation, the first thing that popped in my mind was "God's Will". All in a week, we went quickly from being excited and overjoyed to pure sadness and shock. Last Thursday, I woke up to experiencing something that I hoped and prayed would never happen to me, we had lost the baby. We just couldn't believe it was really happening and it has been a very hard time, although each day is getting easier. I had heard from many women that had gone through this and my heart would just break for them and just seeing the hurt, I prayed and hoped that I would never experience it myself. Well, that day had come and I truly believe that without my faith and trust that I have in God, I probably would have had a harder time than I did. When things happen in our life, we always want to ask "Why"? I don't think it really matters and I don't need to know why. There is a reason it happened and I believe it is how you deal with that situation determines how you will go through it. Of course, it doesn't take away the pain and hurt you are feeling during it. I don't believe God expects us to not grieve and be upset. If we lean on Him and with the support from family and friends, He will see us through it. For me, after already being blessed with a child, we have had the chance to experience the joy and love that a child brings into your life. And when I think about that, it breaks my heart knowing that this one will not be here. I am thankful it happened as early as it did because I think it would have been even harder further into the pregnancy. However, I still think of where I would have been in a few months, the baby would have had a name. I joked that I was really looking forward to looking like a beach whale at the beach this summer. And of course, the due date and the baby would have been here for the holidays. This is what is hard but I know in time, it will get easier and I do believe that we will be blessed with another child someday. Sometimes I think we focus more on what we want and "our" will when all God wants us to do is trust Him. He knows the desires of our heart and in His timing, God's Will for us will come.
We will be ever so grateful for all the thoughts and prayers from everyone. It is wonderful knowing that God has surrounded us with such loving family and friends. Love you all!




5 comments:
There are no words. Sorry does not seem like enough. You and your family will be in my prayers.
Tonya, my heart just breaks for you guys. You'll be in my prayers.
Tons-I love you so much and just know we are here for you guys!
Thank you GIRLS! Each day has gotten easier, although I am sure I will never forget. I really do appreciate all the thoughts and prayers.
I am praying for you guys!
Post a Comment