Friday, February 13, 2009

Childless week cut short...

...and that was O.K. with me. The previous post I had mentioned that Cohen was going to be gone all week, well things changed and he came home Wednesday night. And the reason why was not because a mommy was missing her little man (which I wish that was case in this situation) but my mom became sick and was running out of energy to tend to a toddler. Have one those? Then you might could understand. With that being said and having both GG and Pops still out of town, I was trying to figure out what to do with Cohen on Thursday. Friday would be clear since GG would be back in town late Thursday night. I have officially decided that in the future, we need to have an emergency contact if this was to occur again. But fortunately, I work for a place that doesn't frown on these kind of things and I decided to take the day off.
~~~
Now, let me back up to Wednesday. Since I was still at work and would not have time afterwards, I had Charlie go pick Cohen up from my parents. I knew that I was going to miss them getting home since I had my Life Group class that evening. Which by the way, IS AWESOME! Not only have I had the chance to meet some wonderful people but in our lesson that night, I can tell that it is going to be wonderful and I look forward to this good change God is bringing. With all the laughter and fun I was having, I didn't realize that it was already 9 o'clock. I better get home even though I knew Cohen would already be asleep. A part of me was hoping that he wasn't since I hadn't seen him since Sunday but had already prepared myself to wait until morning. As I was trying to come inside very quietly, Charlie informed me not to worry about it because that little boy was wide awake. As soon as he saw me, he got down and ran to me. Gave me the biggest hug ever. Hug after hug after hug and with some kisses in there too. We just sat in the middle of the floor having a mommy and son time. Oh, how I missed him and I could tell without a shadow of doubt, that my little man missed me too.

No comments: