...Bye Bye Baby, we hate to see you go. This is a little song that GG taught Cohen and he sings it all the time. However, mommy was singing it last night as we packed up Cohen to go stay with Grandma and Papa for FIVE DAYS AND FIVE NIGHTS.
As GG enjoys some girl time at the beach and Pops visits Papa Gibson in Georgia, my parents are taking on the challenge of keeping him all week. It is about a 30 minute drive and though they don't live too far, we felt it would be easier on Grandma and not to mention, saving the gas, for him to just stay with them. It started off with getting him this morning and keeping until Thursday night. But I already have plans Thursday evening, so I said just keep him until Friday. Then to save on mom having to get up so early this morning and since she was already going to be in the Greer area Sunday evening, we decided to send him on his way then.
The longest he has been gone is about 3 nights, so two more days can't be that bad. He was 2 1/2 months when I left him a few hours and that was with his Daddy and Uncle Clint. Then, he was about 3 1/2 months when he spent the night away with my mom for the first time. The earlier months was a very hard time for this mommy but as I was growing into this motherhood thing, it got easier and easier. Now, Cohen stays with GG and Pops on Tuesday nights and we try to, once a month, send Cohen off for a weekend to have mommy and daddy time. I am a true believer that a married couple needs to take time for themselves and have date nights often. "A happy marriage makes a happy family."
So what am I going to do all week? Since I already have Life Group class on Wednesday and my monthly girls dinner on Thursday, that only leaves me with tonight and tomorrow night. I am sure that this week will go by fast, hopefully. We plan to take care of some house duties and enjoy this alone and quiet time.
West Fork Park | Green Township, OH | Cincinnati
8 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment