Monday, December 1, 2008

Bye Bye Turkey, Hello Christmas Tree

Hope everyone had a great Turkey Day! We truly enjoyed having the few days off and it was especially nice having daddy there this year. That is one of my BIGGEST things that I am so thankful for and that is Charlie's new job that allows him to be able to spend the holidays with his family. I think he is very thankful too!


The time off actually started earlier for me. Wednesday, I took off to go be with my Hardee family. So Cohen and I headed down to Woodruff to Grandma Hardee's house where we enjoyed great food and talk about all the memories we had with Mama Grace. After the receiving of friends and family, I thought it was best to get little man home. He wears you out running around but still cute as ever.


Thursday, we were off to Lake Wateree, SC to join all the Alexanders and Howards for some turkey eating, boat riding and game playing. It was a fun filled day and it is always a pleasure getting to see everyone. We missed a few family members this year, Uncle Clint and Aunt Kimberly, who were having a blast on their honeymoon and also, Cousin Monty and Lindsay along with two week old Charlie, who decided to stay home. We missed you all and hope that you enjoyed your Thanksgiving.


It is so much fun watching the new little ones play together. Can't wait to see Hamilton, Cohen, Charlie and future little Howard (due in April) which by the way is another boy. These boys seem to be out numbering the girls. But it will be great watching these four (and any other little ones that will come in the future) grow up and play together.


Friday, a few years back, I attended Black Friday and spent too much money. But as of last year, I held myself back, with the new baby and all, and this year, well I just didn't need to go. I think my mom and I just went to get into all the mess, have some fun and spend money. This Friday, we actually attended Mama Grace's funeral. It turned out to be such a beautiful day and I was very thankful for that.


We ended the weekend by doing some very well needed cleaning and of course, put up the Christmas Trees. The weather did not allow us to put the Christmas lights on the house. So hopefully we will be able to get that done before any yucky weather happens. But we have the Christmas trees up. We put one in our bonus room which is what I call our family tree and then we have one in the living room that is just for decor. Cohen really liked the trees and looking at all the ornaments. We can already tell we are going to have to stay on top of Cohen and those little hands of his. "No touching the tree" was a big saying in the house and I am sure it will be said several more times this month.


So the Thanksgiving break was nice and now we can look forward to the Christmas break where we get to enjoy food and fellowship again.

No comments: