Friday, May 1, 2009

Weekend Randomness

I just cant believe the month of May is here and we are really close to summer time! Love this weather!!! And really looking forward to hanging out by the pool. Just maybe I will actually get and keep a nice tan all summer, unlike the past two where I remained my whitey self.....

  • As I sit here watching the clock, I wish I was at home with my hubby. Today started his mandatory day off once a pay period, without pay. This was something Charlie was informed of a few weeks ago and is to last until the end of June, then it will be re-evaluated. We are just praying for the best outcome. We are very thankful that we both have jobs and are blessed in so many ways. So I know it is in God's control on what happens from this point.
  • But with his day off, he and Pops have been busy. First a 45 minute drive to the dump to discard an old, and I mean, a very old chair. Afterwards, headed to the landscaper place to purchase a scoop of mulch. Cant believe that I am saying this, but I am excited about seeing the new mulch in our yard, now we just need flowers. Last I heard, they were working around the pool, getting it ready for some good use...
  • I am excited about this weekend mainly because tomorrow morning Libby and I will be joining my sweet cuz-in-love, Lindsay and her mom, Cindy, at the Gaffney Outlets. Really looking forward to hanging out with these lovely ladies and do my best not to spend too much money!!!
  • At some point, I really need to get some house cleaning done. BAD!!! There is stuff everywhere and not to mention the mopping, dusting and vacuuming that is calling my name. I just need more time in the day.
  • It appears we have a sick puppy at home. Last night, I walked up on a surprise in our kitchen floor and let's just say "It was not pretty". I will spare you the details but it was gross. It happened again at 1:30 am and again at 3:30 am. Charlie and I were both hating it. And our stomachs were not going to be able to handle anymore so Charlie thought it would be best to let him remain outside until the morning. Poor Bogey, but hopefully it has passed.
  • Need to finish getting together the Mother's Day gifts for our moms. I am really excited about them and just know they are going to love it!!!

So I hope I just didn't bore you with my randomness! I hope everyone has a great weekend and enjoys whatever it is you have planned!

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

Ugh! That stinks about his job....Michael has had to take a week off w/o pay and had his hours cut too....with more to come I feel! We'll all make it through. It just teaches us how much less we really need! :)