Tuesday, May 12, 2009

So Blessed!

I hope every mommy out there had a great Mother's Day! I know I did and was quickly reminded of how blessed I am to have Charlie and Cohen in my life. Becoming a mother is such a wonderful blessing and I am very thankful God has picked me to be Cohen's mommy. The weekend turned out to be nice. Friday night, we just hung out at home and attempted to finish our Mother's Day gifts and I would find out that it wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. This year I decided to place Cohen's hand print on a plate. I was for sure this would be something Cohen would love to do but that was not the case. I was able to get the paint onto his hand but when it came time to placing it on the plate, Cohen wasn't to thrilled about it. Even with M&Ms, we couldn't bribe him. I kept thinking to myself, "way to go Tonya and waiting to the last minute, now I am going to have find a last minute gift".... Charlie brought up the idea of waiting until he was asleep. Wasn't sure it would work but worth the try. Of course that meant I had to rock him sleep and it didnt take long. He was out and after battling with a balled-up hand, we made it happen. I think they turned out really cute and both GG and Grandma loved it.

On Mother's Day, I was able to sleep in which I really needed it. I was suprised by my two boys with sausage biscuits. Even though we were getting crumbs everywhere, I didnt mind at all. It was fun just hanging out with them in the bed. I was then surprised with the sweetest card ever. It was one of those you can record your own voice and to hear the sweet voice of my 20 month old son say "luv u" was so precious. And Daddy did great picking out a beautiful picture frame that has a sweet saying about family, plus he put a picture of us three in it.

Later that afternoon, we headed over to my in-loves for our celebration of Mother's Day which was also Pops' birthday and an early birthday for GG.

2 comments:

Sugar and Spice said...

What is written on the plate? It is too cute!

Tonya * said...

"GG can always hold my hand"...Thanks, I thought it turned out cute. I did one for my mom too and it read "A Handprint Grandma treasures"...