Friday, May 8, 2009

Doggie Disaster

I can not express how happy I am that today is Friday and less than two hours, I will be through with work. This weeks has been, in so many ways, RUFF! And I am glad it is almost over....Not sure what all is planned for this weekend, but we are getting together with the in-loves on Sunday to celebrate Mother's Day, Jerry's Birthday, and an early celebration for Libby's Birthday!!! We hope to take a drive up to the mountains for a family picnic, but not sure is the weather is going to allow it. Originally we were going to attempt Saturday which I am glad we pushed off a day, because for some odd reason, I have been procrastinating on finalizing the gifts. So I will need tonight and tomorrow to finish. I know what I need to get, it is just making myself go get it. Very unlike me, I usually have any gift bought, wrapped and ready to be given to that person in weeks ahead of time.

In other Gibson news, I came home last night to find out that we had a Doggie Disaster. I am glad that it was Charlie that came home first because I am not sure how I would have reacted. Apparently Bogey tried to get out of the gate and was not successful, except to have made the entrance way to our bedroom look like a bloody murder had taken place. He is now without three of his teeth. Charlie took a picture to show this disaster and I just could not believe it. I decided to not post the picture in fear of grossing anyone out. The blood was not only on the carpet but it made its way onto the curtains and on the couch. It was amazing to see the distance of where the blood splattered to. Charlie worked very hard to have it all cleaned up prior to my arrival and yes, I will be making plans here soon to have the carpet professionally clean. But in the meantime, I just don't know what to do about Bogey. Poor Bogey! I feel so bad for him. We have realized that he does not like to be confined. We have battled with, although not to this extreme, these issues before.
So why did he feel the need to try to chew his way out? Could this be "doggie" separation anxiety? I don't know but it is breaks my heart and is frustrating at the same time. Bogey is good dog and for the most part, always has been. We decided to shut all doors and make sure everything was picked up. I placed clothes basket and other things on the leather couches to insure he could not get on them. So just maybe he will do fine being able to roam most of the house and not destroy anything.
Does anyone else battle with this sort of thing with your dog? If so, how do you handle it? I am just hoping that with a little more freedom given and no gate in his way, our problem will be solved.
Hope everyone has a great weekend!!! And Happy Mother's Day to all the moms and mommies-to-be!!!!

No comments: