Friday, May 22, 2009

21 Months & A 3-day weekend!


Happy Friday to ALL! This week has been a long one for sure and I am so ready to enjoy this 3 day weekend.

Today Cohen is 21 months. I've said it before, he is growing so fast and I know there is no way of stopping him. He is our fast growing little man! Nothing major has changed since last month. He has added more words to his vocabulary, tries to be very independent but still needy at times, and "out-ide" is still his favorite place to be. He mimics things you say or do. For example, a phrase I often say is "oh jeez" and then he will repeat it. However, the other night he was playing and dropped something and the next thing we heard was him saying "oh jeez". Charlie and I just started laughing. And has said it a few times on his own since then. It is very cute but just a big reminder that a kid will quickly learn anything you say or do.

Although I am looking forward to this 3 day weekend, it is also going to be a SAD one for the Gibson household too. I had mentioned not long ago that we had a very bad incident with our dog, Bogey. Well, after that happened, he broke through our gate at the stairs to the bonus room and a few days later, starting chewing on the molding around the garage door. These sort of things is something that even as a puppy, he never did. And it has brought us to making a decision that we have dreaded to even think about. This will be the last weekend we will have him as part of our family. We feel that he is acting out because he doesn't receive the attention he use to get prior to Cohen. Bogey is a good, friendly dog and it breaks our hearts to make this decision. But he deserves to be happy and have someone that can give him more attention. And since he cant handle staying in a crate while we are gone, we just can not trust him to have free range in the house. Taking the chance of something getting destroyed that is not replaceable or would cost way too much to replace. I am thankful that we were able to find him a home and I know, thanks to my parents, that he is going to family that will offer him the attention he deserves. The family lives on a large piece of land where Bogey will have plenty of space to roam and there will be someone at home with him almost everyday. A few things that I know Bogey will enjoy the most is being able to lay on a couch, something that I stopped once we purchased new furniture and sleeping in the bed with someone. We were informed that he will be able to do both of these which makes me happy. Though it is going to be the best decision for all of us, it still is going to be hard to cope with. And I am sure it will take us some time to get use too because he has been a part of us for 5 years now, since he was 8 weeks old. Please say a little prayer for us!
Well the work week is almost over and time to enjoy another quick weekend. I hope everyone has a Great Memorial Day weekend!

No comments: