Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Getting ready to begin...

I am getting more and more excited about Cohen's Big Boy room and can not wait anymore. Within the next few weeks, my goal is to start working on cleaning out the other bedroom. I am thrilled that we finally have settled on a bed and now, all I have to do is place the order. Since the bedroom is fairly small, a twin or daybed was really the only choice we could go with if we wanted Cohen to have floor space to play on. I started focusing on daybeds but was finding that majority were on the feminine side. However, I finally found one and absolutely loved it. I have really enjoyed searching and finding accessories for the room and I just hope that once all of it has been put together, that it looks good. Something that I have really wanted was a vintage metal stop sign. Last year, I had found some traffic signs on PBK but just didn't want to pay the price for them. I kept checking to see if they would mark them down but one day, they were gone. I wasn't having any luck until I made a stop by Hobby Lobby on Saturday. As Cohen and I were making our way to the check out line, I just happened to go down a section that would put a big smile on my face. I spotted a metal traffic light wall art, so of course I wanted to check it out. Lo and behold behind it was a metal stop sign. I am sure that I would have bought it regardless but it was only $6.00. The traffic light sign was only $5.00, so I just couldn't pass on buying it too.

Since we decided to go with a tan color (thanks to Linds' suggestion), the color that is currently painted in the bedroom will look great. So we saved time and money! I still have several things that I need to get such as a curtain, shelves and would like to get some bins or totes for the closet. Hopefully I will stick to my goal to have the room cleaned out and can officially begin the process. Cant wait to share the final outcome!

No comments: