Something I had been pondering on is how much longer I should allow Cohen to have his paci....He was addicted and I knew the day we took it away would be a disaster. I would be proven wrong. At Cohen's two year doctor check up, the doctor suggested that we should start cutting it back to maybe naps and bedtime. He explained to me what the paci could do to his teeth and though no major signs were occurring, the doctor could see it starting. Say no more! That had officially helped my decision on what to do. As of that day and with GG's help, we only allowed him to have it at naps and bedtime and would continue this until the weekend. He was doing really well with that change and showed no signs of meltdowns when he would ask for it and was told no.
~~~
So on Friday, the decision was made and we would pack up the paci for the "Paci Fairy" to take. I explained to Cohen that if he gave them to her, she would leave a surprise. He seemed excited about that. There was no crying or fussing. I think he was really excited about getting that surprise. We did have a little trouble going to bed that night and a thought crossed my mind, that if he had the paci, it would have made it easier. But we worked through it and he finally went to sleep. The next morning, there was a surprise waiting for Cohen. And although he did run to the door saying "Paci Back Peez", he went straight to his surprise and played all morning with it. Occasionally he does ask for the paci but we just explain to him that the Paci Fairy took them and that he is a big boy now and doesn't need them. He just moves on... The process of saying goodbye to his paci wasn't as hard as I anticipated it would be and I am a very proud mommy!!!!
"Last time putting paci in mouth"
"The Surprise"




2 comments:
SOOOOO PROUD OF YOU....WOOOOHOOOO!!! Your box cracks me up.....I would do the same thing. Are we dorks or what? Wait, dont answer that.
Girl, I am a proud dork. LOL. Cohen has been doing superb without his paci and I am really shocked. So proud of him.
Post a Comment