Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Ladybug has a name.....

Most of you already know but we have decided on what ladybug's real name is going to be.

"CAYDEN ELIZABETH GIBSON"

Funny thing, but for our first pregnancy, before knowing what the baby was, we had picked a name had it been a girl. You would think it would carry over to the second pregnancy. But that wasn't the case for us. We decided to stick with the "C" names and since it wasnt, time to start thinking. We had no problem in agreeing on what the boy's name would be but regarding a girl, well daddy just didn't like any of the names I was picking. I personally like different names and for him, some were too different. Had it been a boy, his name was going to be Cade, a name we both really liked. So taking from that, we both agreed on Cayden. Originally and mostly known to be spelled Caden, I thought adding a "y" would make it a little more feminine. The middle name, Elizabeth, comes from my wonderful Mother-in-love. We are very happy and cant wait to meet our Cayden in 18 weeks or less....

My self-purchase that I love!!! A lady that I get a lot of monogrammed items from had this diaper bag and I thought it was just too cute to pass. Not only will it be great as a diaper bag but I figured it could be used as her own personal overnight bag. It also came with a matching changing pad and bottle holder....


"A Little Peek into the Nursery"

This is the fabric and ribbon picked to make the bedding (minus the green button shown in pic). I am so excited about ladybug's nursery and have truly enjoyed planning...I felt every time I turned around, there was a decision to be made but with the help of the wonderful opinions given by many, it has started to come together. I believe the final product will turn out great and I cannot wait to see it. The fabrics have been purchased and delivered to my blessed seamstress. The nursery has been cleaned out (which I might was a little sad seeing your baby boy things being packed up) and the brainstorming of decor ideas is in the works.

2 comments:

Duet Diva said...

Too cute Tons. Cant wait to see the finished product. Let me know if I need to be on the lookout for certain items you are needing for her room!

Sugar and Spice said...

Love the name and the colors in her room!