Wednesday, August 19, 2009

So it begins.....

And I can already tell I am in T-R-O-U-B-L-E!!! Finding out on Monday that we were in fact having a Girl still has not sunk in and probably wont until I get to hold her. But I am super excited and just couldn't wait to make my first girly purchase for our Ladybug. Which is exactly what I did on my lunch hour that day. I headed to BabiesRus to browse and pick out one cute outfit. But one wasn't enough for this excited mommy and especially at the sale prices of $5 to $7. They had all their summer clothes marked down and I couldn't just settle on one.

Something else that has me truly excited is Ladybug's nursery! Prior to even knowing that it would be a girl, I had been brainstorming on what the nursery would be (and I had back up plans for a boy too). While I was at the beach this summer, I ran across a frame. A frame that immediately made me think of a girl's nursery and what I had envisioned I would want it to be. I thought it might be a little crazy going ahead and buying the frame without knowing but now, I am so glad I did (Thanks Linds for the help in deciding to buy it too!). This "frame" would become my inspiration!!!

You see, I am not a big "pinky" girl. Love the color and I know with having a girl, I will see a lot of this color. But I just did not want her room to be "all" pink nor did I want it to be a typical baby girl nursery (not knocking on those by any means, just not what I wanted). I wanted to have a nursery that wasn't babyish and one that she could grow with. With not having any luck finding any bedding that stood out to me either at the stores or online, the only option was to search for fabric and have it made. I didn't waste anytime. I was at the fabric store on Tuesday, one at lunch and one after work. And, "The Fabric" was found! I will wait to post pictures of the bedding once it is completed but I absolutely LOVE IT and cant wait to show you all. I believe I am going to truly enjoy preparing this room for Lil' Miss Ladybug!!!!!!

1 comment:

Duet Diva said...

cannot wait to see what you picked out!