Friday, August 28, 2009

One and Only....

It was time to take Cohen in for his two year old pictures and I had a feeling that it might not be as easy as it had been prior to his 18 month photo shoot. And I was right! So Saturday morning, we got dressed and headed to the portrait place. As soon as we stepped foot in the door, the whining and crying started. They called our name and Cohen wasn't happy at all. We tried everything from cars, blocks, balls or whatever was in sight to get some shots. But this now 2 year old was not going to let it happen. I was getting stressed and knew he just didn't understand, so we decided to reschedule and try the next day.
I pondered the rest of the day and even early Sunday morning on what I should do. He seemed to be in a good mood and I told him that if he did get his pictures done for mommy, that I would take him to pick out a surprise at the toy store but I really don't think he understood (except the getting a surprise part). So again, we got ready and headed back for "round 2". He would win again. After trying several things again, even some new birthday toys he had received, nothing was working. So I told the photographer, let's try the profile shot. So while sitting on a stool and mommy close by, I bribed him with M&M's. The photographer was able to get 6 pictures of the same pose and only one showed his mouth not chewing. I was asked if I wanted to reschedule and I felt that I just couldn't do this to myself and more importantly Cohen. I decided to get the "ONE AND ONLY" and to me, It is just perfect of my baby boy growing into a little boy!!!

No comments: