The "Big Boy Room" is officially cleaned out and ready to begin. Since we were getting the carpet cleaned this past Saturday, I decided last week to order the bed. However, of course I would be told that the bed is on back order. It's not that I am in a big rush to need it or anything but it does hold up from deciding where other things need to be placed. Good news is that the bed should be in sometime in July.
Until then, we are moving forward with adding a ceiling fan and a ClosetMaid Organizer Kit. I would loved to have installed one of those really nice closet kits with drawers, etc. but found that it was really expensive. We really needed something besides a single shelf. Something that would offer different lengths for hanging and places for some cute totes for storage but most importantly, a reasonable price.
An idea that I had found and thought would be neat is painting a small section on one of the walls with chalkboard paint trimmed with some simple chair rail moulding. Later on down the road, add some cork board so that Cohen can display some of his art work from school. I am just hoping that it turns out like I envisioned it to be.
I will admit that I am little nervous about the completion of this room. More so because I have already invested and purchased items over the past year which have been stored. Items that can not be returned. And now that I get to pull them out and start placing in the room, I am worried that it will not look good. I am trying not to overdo it and crowd the room with too much stuff so hopefully when all is said and done, it turns out a cute room and a room that Cohen will grow to ENJOY!




No comments:
Post a Comment