
The Beach that is...I often wonder why we wish for something like a vacation to arrive quickly but then just like that, "IT IS OVER".....
Well, we had a great time! I can say that a vacation being pregnant and with an almost two year old is definitely different than any other vacation I have ever had. And I realized this week that vacations will never be the same. However, we were blessed to have family there to allow us some parent-breaks.
We had wonderful "hot" weather, superb meals every night, and great chatty conversations. Since this lil'momma couldn't handle the sun, I parked myself under the tent everyday. So no tan for me. Unfortunately, since one of my biggest fears is the ocean, I couldn't cool off in the water. I cannot remember the last time that I actually went in pass my ankles. It is the fear of the creatures that live amongst the waters like jelly fish, sharks, etc. But just possibly I might have started to work on that fear on our very last day on the beach. Maybe next year, I will start at the beginning of the week and be able to spend some fun time in the water.
Most days were spent on the beach; however,
Monday, I enjoyed a little shopping with my cousin-in-love, Linds. Of course, I didn't buy much. I was on the look out for a special beach book. A tradition I started last year for Cohen. Here is this year's pick!
Tuesday, I woke up to be another year older! I received a sweet card from Linds, sung to by Cohen and Hamilton (with help from others), a big ice cream cone balloon from Al, Kathy and the kids, and a lunch date with my dear hubby in Georgetown. What a great day it was to spend my birthday with loved ones at the beach!!!
Wednesday night, we were treated to Oysters (except me, not a fan) and low country boil! It was yummy....Here are some of the oyster lovers! 

Thursday, the group dined out and enjoyed some great food at Drunken Jack's. I had a delicious '"V" strawberry daiquiri to cool this lil'momma off. It was going to be a long wait to be seated but we did get to enjoy some music.
Friday was our last full day and we made the most of it lounging on the beach. The weather was perfect and we stayed until after 6 o'clock. This was the day I ventured out into the ocean, holding on very tight to my hubby (good thing I was a lighter weight in the water), and even took a few rides on the wave rider float. Here is a picture of Pops taking a ride.
Friday was our last full day and we made the most of it lounging on the beach. The weather was perfect and we stayed until after 6 o'clock. This was the day I ventured out into the ocean, holding on very tight to my hubby (good thing I was a lighter weight in the water), and even took a few rides on the wave rider float. Here is a picture of Pops taking a ride.
Though he was challenging at times, I was so happy that Cohen loved the water and playing in the sand. He wanted to be on the go at all times, loved watching and playing with Hamilton (3rd cousin) and be with the big boys...
It was a great time at the beach, a time that ended way too fast!




2 comments:
Aww....loved spending the week with you and cannot wait for the pool party. I cannot begin to tell you the last time I was in a pool.
Loved it too! We definitely need to get together more often. Cant wait to see you guys in a few weeks. We will have a great time! Love ya!
Post a Comment