Sunday, July 26, 2009

Fun-Filled Day & Food

Saturday, I woke up thinking about the wonderful day ahead and all the food that I would be enjoying through out. After a few errands, I met my mom and aunt at one of my favorite places "PF Changs" for our annual birthday luncheon for my myself and my aunt, even though we were a several weeks late. It never fails that when I go, along with several appetizers that I want, I can not decide to go with one of my usuals or try something new. The decision was made and we would each get an appetizer (my choice - Crab wontons and oh I would love to have some right this minute) and we each got a different entree so we could all try them. Man, the food. I wish I had taken a picture of all the food on our table. And yes, we did have leftovers and they were all sent home with the pregnant lady!!!!
After we took a little stroll through the shops at Greenridge, Mom and I made our way to a baby shower. The shower was for a dear friend of mine, Melissa, and who also happens to be the daughter of one of mom's best friends. She will be welcoming her son, Tristan, to this world in October.

Again, there was the food. Gotta love food at a shower! We played lots of games and enjoyed watching Melissa opening all the baby gifts.
Later I made my way over to my in-loves, where my boys had been hanging out. Actually the hubby wasn't hanging out, he had been working at one of their neighbor's all day installing a back splash in the kitchen. You would have thought that after my huge lunch at PF Changs and the baby shower food, I probably couldn't find a way to eat anymore. That was not the story. GG fixed up some yummy BBQ and I ate not 1 but 2 sandwiches. What can I say, I am pregnant!!!!

No comments: