Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The "Transition"

The time has come and could not have been at a better time, for Cohen to move from his
"CRIB"
to a big boy bed. I was thrilled to have gotten the call yesterday from the furniture store that the bed had arrived. I immediately called Charlie and along with Pops, they made their way to pick it up.
I have mentioned it before, but we have battled with Cohen for some time now (Um, 10 months) with going to bed and we continued to rock him to sleep. He would still wake up in the middle of the night crying and we would end up putting him the bed with us so that we could get the sleep we needed. (HIGHLY NOT RECOMMENDED). We had decided after our vacation that it was time to put not just 1 foot down but both and stick to it. No matter how much he cried out for us. And IT WORKED! The longest he cried at the beginning was about 15 mins and then it went to saying night night to us as we laid him down. We were amazed and he was sleeping through the night until around 7am, sometimes a little earlier but that was o.k. with me. I was so proud and was glad this day had come.

Until.....Saturday! It had last 13 days. It all started when I decided to put him down for his nap in his crib. And he did what every mommy fears and hopes their child will not do, and that is he had climbed out. Later that night, he had reverted back to his old self and screamed going to bed. While we letting him cry it out, we noticed the crying was getting closer and sure enough, he did it again. I was just thankful that he did not get hurt and wondered what we were going to do until his big boy bed arrived. We made it through that night and on Sunday, well he went to bed good but around 1:30, we both were awaken to a noise and then the crying. He had gotten out and was making his way to us. In our bed he went and slept the rest of the night.

We knew that even with setting up his new bed that we were in for it. Of course, he did not care to go to bed when it was time and cried for a while. Eventually made his way to us, Charlie decided to go lay down with him until he fell asleep. Let's just say Daddy got to see how the new bed slept too. I didn't see either of them until the next morning. I guess we will see how this stage goes and hoping that it doesn't last long.
Here is a peek at his new bed. His room is still under construction and will post full pictures once I complete it. I am so excited about it and truly loving how everything is coming together.

3 comments:

Duet Diva said...

Cannot wait to see this. I know it is going to be precious. AND- when its all done you have a new nursery to do!

Sugar and Spice said...

Love the new bedding. I know his room will be super cute!

Tonya * said...

Thanks girls! It is coming together and looking really good. Cant wait to share it with you and Yes Linds, I am ready to work on that nursery. LOL!