Tuesday, September 8, 2009

First Day of Preschool!

I cant believe this day has come, that I would be taking Cohen to school, even if it is just a 2 year old class and only two days a week. We believe it was needed for Cohen, to have the chance to interact with other kids and begin his learning process.
The morning did not go like a mommy visioned. You see, we are in that "terrible two" stage and Cohen surely is showing it. Love him to death but it is a very frustrating time. After not being very cooperative before leaving the house, I just knew that dropping him off was going to be a disaster or possibly could get a call from the teacher. Of course, I wanted to capture a few pictures of this big day but that was not going to happen. We made it to the car and we were on way. After many meltdowns, it finally ended and Cohen seemed in a better mood. I settled with getting a shot of him while in his seat. We finished the ride with good conversation and some signs of excitement of going to school.
We arrived and made it through the door before Cohen looked up at me and said "mommy?" as he viewed all the people roaming around. I picked him up and we made our way to Room 108. As soon as we went into the room and he spotted race cars on the floor, he wanted down. I was able to put his bags up and walk out. It was just a few minutes later, as I was still in the hallway, I heard him start crying for me. Knowing this would happen and that he would eventually be alright, my heart was still aching. I think I made out of the main building before I lost it and cried all the way to work. Thinking that I am leaving my child in good hands but still new people, worried about my little guy and his adjusting to this change and most of all, the fact that he is growing and growing fast. There is no stopping. Changing so much everyday and knowing this isn't the only thing will be adjusting too.
I sat at work waiting for the clock to read 1:45 pm. I was ready to go pick him up and couldn't wait to hear how his first day went. Overall, he did pretty good. Ms. Jennifer said he did continue crying for a while but eventually relaxed and really enjoyed snack time and the playground. I think for the next couple times, he will still battle but will find that he loves it.
I asked him on our way home, did he want to go back and he said "yes peez". I said when do you go back and he response was "Thursday"....My smart Boy!!!

3 comments:

Duet Diva said...

Havent been there yet, but I know it must be difficult. It will be great for him to have all those kids to interact with. He will love it:)

Unknown said...

Hey girl! Just checkin' on ya! I am loving the name you guys picked...super cute! And her nursery is looking awesome =) I'm so happy for you!!

Chap and Heather said...

Oops...just saw that I was signed in as Chap. Please know that was Heather, he might not appreciate me making him sound so mushy =)