Gotta love em'!!! And one of mine is when I think of an idea for a specific reason, I usually don't stop till it is completed. Current addictions ~ "Ideas for the nursery"..... I have already mentioned the fact that when we found out it was a girl, I was at the fabric store and decision was made within a few days. When an idea comes to mind, I automatically start searching and browsing online and send those ideas to family and friends for their opinions. If something is found, well let's just say I DO NOT wait. Don't get me wrong, I do think about it and try to find the best deal. I thought I would share some of my recent ideas (purchases) for Ladybug's room....
Idea No. 1 ~ Dollhouse Bookshelf. As I was thinking about shelving for her room, I ran across this idea. Thought how perfect it would be for a little girl's room. I started searching online for them and the prices. First thought was to have Charlie make it so it was a matter of pricing the wood and stuff to make it. It was then when I was at Target and found this one and not only was it at a reasonable price but it was on sale! Decision was made and I made the purchase. The only thing is it needed a little change to the color, removing the baby girl pink. No problem, I love to paint which it has officially in the process of being done. 

Idea No. 2 ~ Animal Rocker. It all started with admiring the adorable plush horse rocker on Pottery Barn kids. I started browsing all the horses and other animals that came in the rockers. I was stuck on the decision with going with something neutral or a colorful one. I happened to be in BabiesRUS and came across this cute butterfly. After days of contemplating on which one, thinking of color and not to mention the price, I decided to purchase the colorful butterfly. I think in the long run, she will like this one more. Can't you just picture a little girl riding this?!!!!!
Idea No. 3 ~ Vintage Street Lamp. Something I was going to need but just hadn't really thought about was a floor lamp. Until I ran across this one in a catalog and absolutely loved the idea and thought it would go right along with some of the other decor that will be brought in. It offers a dimmer switch and has Pegs for hanging those baby blankets or cute summer hats she will have next summer. No hesitating, it was on sale and free shipping. Cant wait to receive this delivery at work in a few weeks!!!

In addition to all of these fun purchases, over the weekend, Charlie worked hard and got the nursery painted. I always get a little nervous about wall paint and how it will turn out. I have to say that I am loving my decision. I went with a light, yellowish gold on top and a teal color on bottom. I am so excited about the nursery and have truly enjoyed all the girly stuff that is offered. I know it is just a matter of time before we are bringing Ladybug home to enjoy her room!!!!




2 comments:
Love it all and cant wait to see the finished product.
I saw a ladybug rocker in the jcpennys catolog today and thought of you!!!! its almost the exact same one! i love the room can't wait to see the finished product! Your shower looked beautiful, wish i could have attended.
Post a Comment