It was a little over seven months ago when we were hit with Charlie losing his job. A very emotional time but we believed and had faith in God that everything would be alright. We had known of this possibility for some time but had prayed that it wouldn't happen or another door would open up for him. But as I always say, I do believe things happen for a reason. And I believe that the door opened up for Charlie in other ways.
***
For starters, this time opened up for us as a family to be together and what would be a 7 week vacation together. Cayden was a month old and I was still on maternity leave. And for a moment, we thought it might be best for me to return back to work early. But after talking about it (and with the reassurance of our savings), we decided for me to enjoy the remainder of my time. A time that I will never have with my baby girl!
***
The time came for Mommie to return back to work and Daddy became MR. MOM! And a GREAT Mr. Mom he was!!! Though there were days he wished he was back at work, I know he treasured this time he had with Co-Man and Ladybug. I am such a PROUD wife and love my husband so much. Not only did he take care of the kids, he took care of the house so that I could come home from work and not have to deal with it. He is TERRIFIC Father and Husband and though things were stricter due to our situation, I am so happy he had this time to be with the kids!!!
But NOW, Mr. Mom has been given an opportunity to return back to work. As of today, he will be working with BMW through one of their hiring agency. For over a month, he has gone through the hiring process and we felt pretty confident that he would be offered a position. The one thing we were afraid of happening was the chance of being offered "B" shift, which would mean he would be working nights. This was definitely not something we wanted and hoped for the best. The day came when he got the call offering the job and yes it was in fact "B" shift. A very emotional afternoon I might say, because my mind was going a 100 miles of how this will affect our family. I didn't doubt that we would survive and make the situation better in any way we can but I still don't have to like it.
***
He explained to the lady that he would like to discuss it with his wife before making a final decision, hence the whole night shift thing, and call her back. Though we weren't going to be big fans of it, we felt with our current situation that we shouldn't pass up the job. Charlie decided to hold off and call her back the next day, which he did. As he was calling in to the agency to accept the "B" shift, he got a call on the other line. He looked at the id and it was the agency so he went ahead and flipped over. It was the same lady he had talked with the day before and she was calling him to inform that a spot had opened up for "A" shift and wanted to offer it to him.
***
OK, let me stop here, cause as I am typing this, I just got chills again. Can you believe that? We couldn't believe it and still cant. This was ALL GOD!!! How awesome is He!!!
OK, let me stop here, cause as I am typing this, I just got chills again. Can you believe that? We couldn't believe it and still cant. This was ALL GOD!!! How awesome is He!!!
We are so excited for this opportunity for our family and super excited for Charlie! He definitely deserves it and we can only believe that this a new beginning for him!!!
Thanks for putting up with all our crying, taking care of us, playing all day long, taking us strolling, and most importantly, LOVING US!!!
YOU ARE A SUPER DADDY!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment