Friday, September 17, 2010

How Does She?

WELL APPARENTLY, "SHE" DOES IT ALL!!!
~~~
"She" is a blog that specializes in crafts, crafts and MORE crafts! It is also a "mom" blog and so much more..... It is no surprise that I heart crafts! I wish I could do some kind of craft every day, however that isn't possible. But it seems that I have tried to squeeze several in lately.

for starters,
"The Balloon Wreath"
A while back, I hosted a small craft night for some friends to make this very festive wreath!
All you need is:

straw wreath
*
greening pins
*
balloons
(for me - I used tons of these)

Here is "How Does She" instructions...

~~~~~~~~~~

THEN, I ran across this adorable item and I just had to make it....

How much fun would this be for kids (and us adults who eat most of it) to count down the number of days until we get to chow down on some yummy Halloween candy??? If you ask me, it's a good number learning tool for the little ones which of course gives a great excuse to make a craft!

"How Does She" actually sold these on their site for a while but graciously passed along the instructions to the "DIY" gals (plus I was able to make 4 and came out cheaper). Check it out here !!!! I will add that where she used vinyl lettering and numbers, I went with paint pens (much cheaper) and instead of staining it (which looks really good), I sprayed it with a clear acrylic gloss.

(If you decide to make these and have any questions, I would be glad to answer them!)

****************************

Here is a few ideas of what I will be crafting up SOON!!! Wonder what "party" these will be going along too!

"Ribbon Topiary Tree"

"Paper Flowers"

No comments: