Sunday, February 28, 2010

Putting on the pounds!

Our Ladybug is TWO months old and growing so fast. Today, she went in for her check up and I just couldn't wait to see how much she weighed. I knew just by the adorable baby rolls she has added to her tiny body that there was definitely some pounds gained. She weighed 10 lbs, 12.8 oz and measured at 23.5 inches long. A little over 4 lbs and 4.5 inches in 2 months!


There is no doubt that Ladybug has a very good appetite. She LOVES to eat and currently going through a growth spurt. She is eating between 3 to 4 ozs every 3 hours which I think sometimes it isnt enough for her. And she makes it known that she isn't too happy that there isn't more.

And Sleeping! Oh how I wished I had been stronger when Cohen was a baby. Tomorrow will be 3 weeks since Ladybug has moved to her crib and it has been wonderful. I highly recommend self soothing your baby as early as you can. The longest she cried was about a hour and half, which it was on and off and not the whole time. Now, she might cry out but not for too long and will go right to sleep. There are the occasions where she wakes up but she then goes back to sleep on her own. During the day, we have been placing her in the bouncer or swing for the sleeping. But as of today, she is starting to take her naps in the crib. And I might add that when I went to lay her down this afternoon, she just looked up at me and I never heard a word. Fell right to sleep!!!

Ladybug loves for you to talk to her. She smiles every time! She is starting to enjoy being held and looking over your shoulder and she prefers to skip the tummy time. Overall, Ladybug is such a good baby! I love to watch her reaction to her da-da and big brother and just know that she will adore them both!
Something that I meant to start with her is taking a picture beside her first pink teddy bear but apparently I forgot when she turned a month old. So here is one from the day we left the hospital. It is funny to look back and see how big her beanie hat and clothes were on her and I thought will she ever fit in them. Well her hat will not cover her ears and she is starting to fill her clothes!
Love our happy two month Ladybug!!!

No comments: