Monday, February 22, 2010

Getting too close for my liking...

Today marks FIVE WEEKS before I have to return back to work. I am NOT looking forward to that day but just like when I survived when I had to leave Cohen, I will this time too.
~
I have a lot of things I would like to accomplish before that day arrives. For starters, to get in shape. I keep procrastinating on that one. Second is to continue getting our house more organized. Third is filling my recipe book. Since I am not a huge fan of cooking, I thought if I gathered some easy preparations, that I might start enjoying it. Now my list could go on and on but just hopefully I will accomplish some if not all...
~
A lot has been going on at the Gibson household. We are experiencing something that we wish would never had happened. Charlie is officially unemployed. Two weeks ago, the company closed the branch. We might face some hard times, but I know and trust God that it will all be alright. We believe He will place Charlie where he needs to be in His time. So we are very thankful for the job I will be returning to soon. Please keep us in your prayers during this stressful time.
~
Something I know that will give me huge support during hard times is the wonderful ladies in the Women's Community Bible Group I recently joined. This bible study was put together by a loving friend of mine and is filled with ladies from different churches. We are studying the "Fingerprints of God" by Jennifer Rothschild. I am looking forward to seeing great things come out of this study and building relationships with these ladies.
~
Of course as the time decreases on going back to work, this also means that our Ladybug is getting older. Days away from hitting the 2 month mark. So hard to believe. Our Ladybug has officially moved to her crib and learning to self soothe. I will tell more in a later post but she has been such a good baby.
~
Today, Cohen is half way to turning the Big Three. And we are hoping the 3's will turn out to be better than the 2's. Cohen is such a good little boy but....with all the changes like bringing home baby sister, having mommie home all day and now daddie home too, he sure has been very testy with some bad attitudes. We attempted the potty training but not going so well. Some days he seems excited but mostly he just doesn't want to try. We will see how that turns out.
~
So as the next five weeks fly by, I am going to enjoy them as much as I can. To not stress over the things I can not change but be blessed to have this time with hubby and kids!!!

No comments: