Thursday, February 11, 2010

At Six weeks ~

Ladybug has ventured off for the first time to stay the night at GG and Pops!
~~~
I wondered how long I would be able to allow myself for this and I have to say, it is definitely easier the second time. With Cohen, he was a little over two months before I left him for just a few hours and then he was three months before I let him spend just one night away with Grandma.

When Grandma asked to get Cohen for a few days, I thought to myself that it would be nice to have a night to ourselves and one to actually sleep through. So my wonderful Mother-in-love was willing to take on the baby responsibilities for the night.
I have gotten use to Cohen's little getaways but it has been weird not having her here. I feel like I need to fix a bottle or change a diaper. It has been very quiet and though I miss her, I have also enjoyed "my" time. And definitely looking forward to sleeping through the night and may even take my time getting out the bed in the morning!

Our precious Ladybug is growing so fast! It is so hard to believe she is a few weeks away from being two months old. She has been sleeping in mommie and da-da's room and we are getting ready to move to the crib. It is going to be hard because I am sure there will be plenty of tears. But I have to be strong and get her use to self-soothing herself to sleep. Something we didn't do with Cohen and to this day, still have issues with him.
~
She is eating and sleeping good. Her routine is around every 3 to 4 hours. Last night, she fell asleep around 7 o'clock and normally would have woke up around 10 or 11. But when I decided to wait for her, I would be surprised at the time when she finally did wake up. It was 3:30 am, Eight and half hours later...I couldn't believe. After eating, she was out an hour later. Maybe it was a fluke or just maybe she is starting something that I would love to happen every night.

LOVE THAT SMILE!

And looking forward to seeing IT tomorrow but until then I am enjoying tonight!

No comments: