Monday, April 26, 2010

Tie Dye Fun

This past Saturday, my girls and I decided to do a little "tie-dying"!!!
A very MESSY craft but definitely a FUN one with friends,
especially when you throw in a little 80's music to go with...
~~~
My dear friend, Kristen, was the hostess!
She supplied the "know how", dye and rubber bands!
Myself, Crystal and Lisa attempted to get the shirts prepared...
Now for the MESSY part....
~~~
When using more than one color, you find that it is very
difficult not to mix them. Although I am sure with a few more
sessions, we could become some tie-dying "pros"! the 6 hour wait!
There should be another picture here...
One that would have you laughing...
but I didn't quit think about having my picture taking
when I was standing out in the rain holding an umbrella
in one hand and a hose in the other....
Getting soaked while trying to get all the dye out till the water was clear!
You see, I was scared to attempt rinsing them out in the sink, having the
fear of seeing my off white sink turn into a mix of colors.
After having a VERY frustrating moment, I brought them in and
finished in the sink. And all along, it would have been OK.
The sink was clear of any stains!
~~~
Well 4 out of the 5 I attempted, turned out alright!
And to show you a few, here are my adorable, little
"Tie-Dye" Models!!!


A GREAT craft for some FUN, summer play shirts!

No comments: