Thursday, January 7, 2010

Brotherly Love

Something that I was unsure of was Cohen's reaction to our new addition. The closer we got to her arrival, he seemed to be o.k. with it. He would talk about her, kiss my stomach and knew which room would be hers. But I couldn't help to wonder if he would be nice to her? Would he act out badly and what schedule we do have with him be messed up? So far, it has been great. I think from the moment he saw her, he liked her. I mean, it is big change for him and I think there are times when he acts out a little. He has enjoyed being able to hold her, help mommy get things for her and feed her. He even pulls a stool to the changing table to talk to her during diaper changing. When she cries, he will run to her to see if she is o.k. I see him being such a protector over her but also see him get really upset if she takes a toy of his. So I am looking forward to watching the bond between them grow and pray that they will always be close.

1 comment:

Nikki Hamby said...

I love it - it's great that he is so good with her. He looks so proud!