Apparently "Batman" has consumed me lately.
It's Batman this, Batman that and I think I am starting
to dream about Batman....
Just plain crazy!
~~~
However, I am so enjoying my Batman obsession in order
to plan a fun-filled 3rd birthday party
for our Co-Man!
(even though he probably will not remember this one very well, Mommy will!)
Thought I would share a little of my batman craziness with you!
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Project No. 1
"Creating Gotham City in the Garage"
This was an idea that I had ran across in searching for Batman themed parties! And I wasn't quit sure how to go about it, especially at a very low cost. Gotta a budget to stick to! That is when I started calling or visiting furniture stores where I could possibly get large furniture boxes for FREE! But along with getting it free was going to mean a little work. After calling, I made my way to Rooms-to-go during my lunch hour. I pulled up and saw huge boxes that would be perfect. I didn't really plan it very well. I had forgotten to take out a car seat, car base and the stroller. I know I was a sight as I started breaking down this huge boxes with a key (note to self: take a knife next time) and trying to stuff these boxes in the car.
I decided to do a little model and see if this project will in fact work. With some extra touches and hard work, I think it is going to make a really fun back drop for the party. The best part is there hasn't really been any cost but definitely will be time consuming, so it is a good thing I am starting on it now.
Project No. 2
"Homemade Invitations"
Seeing that I already love to make cards and I only have 12 to make, there was no doubt that I would attempt to make the invitations. I found a wide variety of options online but I decided to keep it somewhat simple by going with the Batman logo.
Thanks to AC Moore's 40% coupons, I was able to save on both the invitations and the glue that I needed. The card stock was also on sale when I made my purchase too.
Though the invitation has not been finalized, I couldn't wait to start on the bats. I wanted to add a little touch to the actual bat and went with some peel-n-stick felt.




No comments:
Post a Comment